Categories

3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Skin of Color: Best Sunblock For Dark Skin

skin of color

I strongly recommend using a sunblock that contains Zinc Oxide. The challenge with Zinc Oxide is that it is very thick and white and not appealing for daily use. There are many products that offer a micronized Zinc, however on dark skin it still leaves a white cast on the skin. Skin Ceuticals created a sunblock that contains a transparent Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. The Sheer Physical UV Defense is more like a liquid than a cream, this sunblock is so sheer that it will not show even on dark skin.

sunblock

Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50®
A groundbreaking first-to-market mattifying fluid with transparent finish, this paraben-free, all-physical filter sunscreen provides increased protection in an ultra-sheer texture for all skin types, even very sensitive. Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50® offers the photoprotection of trusted broad-spectrum, physical filters, zinc oxide (Z-COTE®) and titanium dioxide, and is enhanced by artemia salina, a plankton extract, to increase the skin’s defenses and resistance to UV and heat stress.

The unique ‘shake then apply’ action assures even distribution of active ingredients in this silky sheer fluid that dries quickly and leaves no residue.

Thank You for visiting Best of Both Worlds Az.
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and on our blog site
www.bestofbothworldsaz.com

4:23 pm - Posted by Kristy

11 Responses to “Skin of Color: Best Sunblock For Dark Skin”

1. Yvie says:

Thank you. Huge help!

• Ben says:

Would you buy a black or brown sunblock for dark skin?

• Kristy says:

I have not seen black sunblock, only tinted brown. Keep in mind it is not intended to provide coverage like a make-up would and will not match skin color exactly. We say it is tinted for a man, meaning it will not provide color coverage but it will prevent a white cast.

• Kristy says:

I have never seen a black sunblock, but if you know of one let me know I would be interested

2. Rick says:

I’m dark like Akon, so Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 would be good for me? it wont leave any white cast?

Just checking because its pretty pricey.

• Kristy says:

Physical SPF with Zinc is the best, but it is a pain because in makes a white almost blush cast on dark skin. They (Skin Ceuticals) also make this product tinted, its called Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50, which is ideal for dark skin. Another tip is to mix a little mineral makeup loose powder (in a very dark shade) with your sunblock to tint it yourself. It needs to be mineral makeup because the talc in traditional makeup will not mix well with the sunblock. In a pinch you can also mix a tiny bit of cocoa powder (that you use for baking) in your hand with your sunblock to give a slight tint to your sunblock. Be careful not to use too much or it can get a funky texture and not go on evenly, looking like a mess. LOL This may also make you skin feel a little more dry, so it is something you should experiment with at home when you don’t need to go anywhere. Good luck.

• Kristy says:

My clients have all had good luck with it. I don’t know where you live, but you can go into any clinic that sells it and try it before you buy it.

• Kristy says:

yes, it would be your best option. If you find a clinic that sells you can sample it first, just to be sure you like it. My clients with dark skin love it.

3. Tony says:

The sun does not discriminate, it does not see if you are a fairer tone or of a darker tone. Diseases like skin cancer, sunburn and other sun or heat related conditions can be caught by anyone exposed to too much sun. It becomes more important for darker skin toned people to wear sunscreen for protection against the sun as darker tones have a higher risk of developing Melanoma. So it is advised to be always protected against harmful UVA/UVB rays, no matter your skin tone .I’ve used ExtraShade sunscreen and love it’s lightweight, moisturizing and doesn’t leave white streaks on my skin! I LOVE IT!

• Guest says:

Actually the sun DOES discriminate. I’ve never had a sunburn in my life and never will and neither will many blacks whether you want to admit it or not but I agree that it does not hurt to wear sunscreen for other reasons.

• Guest 2 says:

Yeah, the sun hurts whites most of all races. Stop pretending you aren’t white. I doubt any dark skin person would get so offended by Tony’s comment. Shame on you for deceitful cowardice! -_-