November 2011
« Oct   Mar »

Chemical Peels: The Perfect Peel

We are excited about the newest chemical peel to hit the scene and the name “Perfect Peel”says it all.

The Perfect Peel works from the inside out to repair and nourish skin by giving it a radiant glow, refining pores, improving skin hyperpigmentations, lifting melasma, diminishing fine lines and wrinkles, eliminating acne and preventing acne marks. Most importantly the Glutathione element defies the aging process. The Perfect Peel is the only peel on the market with Glutathione, a powerful antioxidant and anti-aging ingredient. In addition to Glutothione, the perfect peel is formulated with an impressive list of active ingredients including: TCA, Retinoic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Phenol, Vitamin C and Kojic Acid.

I recently had this peel myself and I was pleased with the level of correction I saw, it did a wonderful job of lightening the melasma and skin discolorations on my skin as well as smoothing out the fine lines. The peel it-self was quick and surprisingly comfortable with virtually no stinging or burning. The treatment includes a post treatment moisturizer and two treatment towelettes that are infused with retinoic acid and Vitamin C which are designed to enhance the effects of the peel. I simply swiped the moist treatment towel over my face the night of my peel and again the following night. The Vitamin C does make your skin itch slightly, after you use the towelettes. To sooth the itching I just mixed a topical hydrocortisone cream in with the moisturizer and applied it to the treated areas. The peeling was easy to tolerate, with one major day of peeling on day three. I personally only “peeled” for about 2 days with a little sloughing after that. I would say most people can expect about 3 days of social down-time, which just means you will comfortable with routine activities but, this is not a good time for a social event like a party or wedding.

The Perfect Peel will:

- Rejuvenate and produce younger healthier looking skin.
– Reverse signs of aging and sun damage.
– Even out your overall skin tone.
– Lighten and brighten your skin.
– Slow down the skin aging process.
– Reduce pore size and soften lines and wrinkles.
– Stimulate collagen production resulting in firmer skin.
– Improve the overall tone and texture of your skin.
– Prevent Wrinkles and Age Spots.
– Improve skin conditions such as acne, melasma, and hyper pigmentation.

What is Glutathione?

Glutathione is the ultimate antioxidant known to prevent damage to important cellular components caused by free radicals and peroxides. As we age, our Glutathione levels are depleted due to sun exposure, air pollutants and environmental stress.

Glutathione penetrates deep into the cellular level of the skin to fight oxidant damage and is the anti-aging answer to premature wrinkling. Glutathione is proven to reverse the melanin’s metabolism turning dark pigmentations (eumelanin) into light pigmentation (phaeomelanin)

How long will I peel?
The day of the treatment is considered day 1. Peeling usually begins on day 3 and is generally completed by day 5 or 6. Most of the peeling happens on days 3 and 4.

If you want to peel over the weekend schedule your treatment on a Thursday. You will look fine on Friday, with most of the peeling on Saturday and Sunday, by Monday and Tuesday you usually will have some mild sloughing with little to no peeling.

The content provide in this post is intended to be informative and does not replace medical or professional treatment.

Thank you for visiting Best of Both Worlds Az
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and on our blog site

®© All Rights Reserved.

6:37 pm - Posted by Kristy

11 Responses to “Chemical Peels: The Perfect Peel”

1. Kristy says:

No- you can do the perfect peel on body areas as well.

2. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide
    credit and sources back to your website? My blog site is
    in the very same niche as yours and my users would really
    benefit from a lot of the information you present here. Please
    let me know if this okay with you. Appreciate it!

• Kristy says:

sure you may quote a couple of articles as (not copy and paste the whole thing) as long as you credit us and trackback. we would love to see your blog, what is it?

• Kristy says:

sure, that would be great! Just give credit and source back, Thank you. – I also like to share any posts that gives us a mention on our social media sites.

3. jill says:

The pictures you see for after “one” treatment is false advertising. I had a perfect peel and it hardly changed anything in my skin. I am 25, I don’t suffer from acne , I wanted a fresher appearance and it barely delivered. I was so excited to try this peel and was so let down. Awful for the amount of money I paid.

• Kristy says:

I am sorry you were not happy with your peel. How did your skin look before peel, and did you get any peeling, how many days? Did you leave the peel on for min 4-6 hours and use the towelett wipes the first 2 nights. – I am note sure which photos you are referring to. I am assuming you are talking about the photos in brochure. In before and after photo’s it will always show a more significant improvement with someone with more damage, because there is more improvement to be had. If your skin already looks good, you will not SEE a significant change, but you still are benefitting. The reason is, peels work to stimulate collagen production and skin cell turn over. The price of the peel is reflective of the depth it penetrates in the skin, which is relevant to the effects it has on skin. Not all benefits are visible, but have to do more with skin health and function.

• jill says:

My skin wasn’t the best but I don’t have acne. I had pores that I wanted to shrink, freckles and some fine lines on my forehead and because I had seen pictures of women with freckles that had disappeared or diminished quite a lot after one peel and my freckles and pores are virtually the same, I think it is false advertising. I knew it wouldn’t erase my freckles but I expected them to be more faded, my pores to be smaller or some blemish marks to be faded as they aren’t from acne. I did leave the peel on for 6 hours and then used my towlette. Thank you for your reply.

• jill says:

My skin wasn’t the best but I don’t have acne. I had pores that I wanted to shrink, freckles and some fine lines on my forehead and because I had seen pictures of women with freckles that had disappeared or diminished quite a lot after one peel that’s why I decided to have the peel but my freckles and pores are virtually the same, so I think it is false advertising. I knew it wouldn’t erase my freckles but I expected them to be more faded, my pores to be smaller or some blemish marks to be faded as they aren’t from acne. I did leave the peel on for 6 hours and then used my towlette. Thank you for your reply.

4. Dawn Zola says:

I was convinced to get this peel after spending time and money on the Obagi skin care line.. which did nothing at all..

I was told I would need 3 peels.. going for my last, 3rd peel tomorrow.. I have not noticed any difference at all in the brown spots and melisma.. I too am so disappointed and just sad about this.. the brown marks on my face have made me not want to leave my house.. I am 48 years old.. never go in the sun.. no amount of makeup in the world can cover these ugly brown marks on my face.. what is a women to do when we go to plastic surgeons, dermatologists.. and are sold a bill of goods and get NO results.. I went in to see about getting laser treatments and they convinced me to do the Perfect Peel instead…. now, back to square one.. I have spend a total of about $2K… and 2 years trying to get rid of the marks on my face..

• Kristy says:

I am sorry you have not the correction you desired. I also have melasma and am sympathetic to the struggle. The bad news is there is no cure, but the good new is that it can be corrected and then maintained. I agree with not doing the laser for melasma,laser resurfacing procedures including fractional lasers such as fraxel can make it worse. IPL (Photofacial) treatments are great for dark spots such as sun damage and freckles, but not so great for correcting melasma. The best treatment is usually topical skin care and chemical peels. Skin care lines such as Obagi Nu-Derm and Zo medical are among the most effective. When these lines are used correctly it is not possible to have no improvement. If they have been used correctly and there is need for additional correction after about 8 weeks, then you may need a deeper peel such as a Blue Peel or the ZO controlled depth peel. Peels like the Perfect peel, Vi peel and Rejuvenizing peel are great for speeding up the correction process, but not deep enough for deep resistance melasma. Before you go forward with treatment, discuss with your provider what the possible reason may be for not getting correction. It is critical that you are completely honest with your provider about how you have been using your products, and what your lifestyle is like in terms of sun and heat. Review how long you have been on hydroquinone and how often you have replaced your hydroquinone products.

My thoughts are that you may have built resistance to hydroquinone, in which case I would consider transitioning off, then taking 2 months off hydroquinone, while continuing to stimulate ( meaning retina-A / tretinoin) along with a mild exfoliant such as exfoderm. After your 2-3 month break you can get back on the nu-derm system. It is believed that we can start building resistance after 6 months on hydroqinone. I like to aim for correction within 4 months, then transition off, then break and then get back on hydroquinone after a 2 month break as needed for maintenance. ( Always transition off, do not stop cold turkey) You can discuss this with your provider, they will determine resistance based on your history of Hydroquinone use.

It is important to use these products exactly as instructed, because you want to correct pigment before you build resistance. This means you need to use the entire system (cleanser, toner, clear, exfoderm, blender, tretinoin and SPF 50 with Zinc Oxide). Products should only be from an approved provider to ensure the are good quality and not counterfeit. Products should be measured correctly and used every single day. You have a window of opportunity to get correction and any lax use, will cost you correction. I generally recommend to my clients that they finish a tube of clear every 2 months, blender and exfoderm should be replaced at 4 months. If you are not finishing your clear and blender with in that time frame, then you are not measuring it out correctly. I tell my clients to measure from the beginning of the letter O to the end of the letter I, of the OBAGI logo on the bottle. It should be thick like toothpaste. The other thing to look at would be your tretinoin (Retin-A), you may need to increase your dosage, this means the strength and/or frequency of use. For example if you are only using it every other day, you may need to use it daily or if you are on .05%, you may need a .1%. I also recommend measuring your tretinoin the same way you measure your blender & clear. Stimulation (meaning tretinoin) is extremely important when treating skin discolorations, because this effects the way that the melanin is distributed to skin cells called melanocytes. If you are not getting enough stimulation early on, you may not get correction before you build resistance to hydroquinone. This can be a challenge, because patients often complain about the reactions from tretinoin. The reddens, flaking, burning, tight and dry feeling is miserable and everyone hates it, but it is normal and expected reaction. With time you do build tolerance to tretinoin and these reactions will gradually subside. – I also do not like to use tretinoin from a compounding company, as they are not reliable. I also do not like to use products that are formulated with a steroid. In our clinic we use Rouse or OMP tretinoin, but there are other good brands.

For those of us with Melasma, sun protection is critical. We are working to suppress the melanocyte activity and UV stimulates it. So any UV exposure is counter productive. Use something with a lot of zinc oxide, because this gives you the most broad spectrum protection. and it can also reduce heat in the skin. Heat will contribute to inflammation in the skin, which will exacerbate pigmentary issues. Make sure you use enough sunscrean, use it every day and re-apply every 2 hours when you are in the sun. You may want to also use a mineral makeup to get the added spf and anti-inflammatory benefits. Mineral makeup will also be better when you are peeling from retina-A, because powders with talc will dry your skin and exaggerate peeling. You should also avoid un-necessary heat, like hot yoga or saunas.

I hope this helps, as talking points for you and your provider.

5. Ingrid says:

I am on day 4 of my peel, only about 1/4 of the way peeled. I have followed the instructions to a T and purchased aftercare products from the derm directly as they put together a set of products that works best with the peel. I am 41, have olive skin, have brown spots on my cheeks, above my lip, and around my eye. The areas with the pigmentation I would love to see go haven’t peeled yet, but the area around my eyes has peeled and all of the brown spots are gone, so I am hopeful. The day of and after the peel, my laugh lines got the darkest! They peeled the first and look great!